This weekend was an absolute whirlwind of excitement! It all started on Friday evening when I photographed Michelle & Ian’s Rehearsal Dinner! The next day I had the honor of capturing their first day as husband and wife! On Sunday I attended my friend Dina’s beautiful brunch wedding. The weekend ended with a head shot shoot for an author, followed by an engagement shoot for one of my wonderful 2016 couples! Whew!
Here are a few lessons learned/events that transpired this weekend:
- If you’re going downtown DC on a Friday afternoon, make sure to check the event calendar for the Kennedy Center. Otherwise, you might end up lost on Rock Creek Parkway driving in the left hand lanes due to road closures!! Freaky and NOT FUN people. Consider yourselves warned!!
- The pizza at District of Pi was nearly irresistible. It took everything in me not to grab a slice while shooting the rehearsal dinner Friday night. This restaurant is definitely on my list of places to go next time I’m in DC! If anyone is up for lunch/dinner, let me know!
- Two of my best friends’ birthdays were this weekend! It’s nice that they’re back-to-back; easy to remember! We’re all getting together in a few weeks to celebrate! Any fun suggestions for things to do around town?
- Brunch weddings might be my new favorite thing! My friend Dina looked absolutely stunning and it was wonderful to spend the day celebrating with great friends! Here is an iPhone pic of bride-to-be Allison, birthday girl Lizz, and myself!
- You know your husband loves you when he spends his entire weekend assisting you! Josh deserves a shot out on this weekend’s recap. It was nice to spend so much time together while working!
And no weekend recap would be complete without a few photo sneak peeks:
District of Pi was the perfect spot for a relaxed rehearsal dinner. The space has such a neat feel to it.
Saturday’s Wedding was STUNNING! I am so happy for Michelle & Ian and cannot wait to share more from their day on Wednesday!
Great Falls is a great place for a shoot! Being an author, Joe wanted head shots with a natural, relaxed feel. Mission accomplished!
Casey & Evan were the first of my 2016 couples to have their engagement session! If 2016 is full of people like these two, I am in for a GREAT year! You will fall in love with them, and their sweet pup, on the blog on Thursday!
What were you up to this weekend? I’d love to know!