It’s been too long since I’ve posted! I blame it on the winter weather and the strong desire for hibernation that ensues. Well yesterday I ventured out to an Intro to Film Workshop (MUCH more on this later) and met so many inspiring photographers. It was really refreshing to be around people who are so supportive and encouraging! It was exactly the type of motivation I needed to jump start blogging and get back in a routine this week! To kick things off, I thought it would be fun to share ten things you might not know about me:
1) My full name is Bethany, but there’s never been a time in my life where I’ve been called that. A lot of people assume it’s Elizabeth. I even had an ex-boyfriend once call me “Lizzy” while trying to be cute – it wasn’t. It was just awkward!
2) I saw Free Willy when I was 8 years old. Apparently it was a life changing experience. As a result of the film, I spent the better part of a decade infatuated with killer whales and wanting to become a Marine Biologist. Somehow I fell into photography instead – I think it worked out for the best!
3) If I could live anywhere else I would have to flip a coin between Pittsburgh, PA and Nashville, TN. My family is originally from Pittsburgh and it’s always been somewhat of a second home. I love it! I also love Nashville. There’s something about its artistic feel that just inspires creativity – even for those of us who aren’t musically inclined. I’ve visited multiple times and always look forward to going back!
4) I’m a HUGE sports nut and I’ve been playing Fantasy Football for ten years! I’ve beaten the boys a time or two – being a champ feels great! haha
5) I have a younger sister who I’ve always been close with! Growing up we shared a room by CHOICE. I still remember the looks on my parents’ faces when we told them we wanted to share a room. Looking back, I know their hesitation had less to do with us not getting along, and more to do with our plan to knock down the shared wall between our bedrooms… (that never happened)
6) When I go shopping, I’m more likely to buy something for my house than I am to buy clothes. I’m always on the hunt for the perfect pieces to make our house a home. I love to decorate!
7) I’m obsessed with going to concerts. The last time I counted, I had attended over 70! Josh and I met at a Kenny Chesney concert in 2004. I suppose I should say that was my favorite show, but I honestly can’t pick one!
8) Painting is something I’ve always enjoyed that I don’t do enough of. I’m going to start painting more often. I said it, so now I must do it! Maybe I can post a few pretty pieces of art to this blog in the near future!
9) I seriously HATE doing Laundry! Honestly, it’s the bane of my existence. I don’t know why, but I always mess it up somehow. Either I forget I had clothes in the washer and end up needing to rewash them, or I wash something the needs dry cleaned… I don’t understand why it’s so complicated. And the folding afterwards, forget it!
10) My life motto: “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” I’m excited for all the experiences to come this year! I’d love it if you’d follow along on the blog. It’s gonna be a wild ride!
Now that you know me a bit better, I’d like to know something about you! Leave me a fun fact in the comments!